Jamey Kahl Lennane
University of Florida, Masters in Art Education
August 2014- May 2016
Coastal Carolina University, Bachelors of Art, Art Studio
August 2008- December 2012
Expressive Art History and Practices, Contemporary Art Education Theories, Art and Globalization.
Key Professional Appointments
Owner, Wheelhouse Art
Hollywood, Florida, February 2014-Present
- Design, create, and sell handmade jewelry.
- Teach painting and jewelry classes.
- Host special events.
Assistant Office Manager, Muzart Studios
Hollywood, Florida, February 2015-Present
- Supervise classes, ages 18 months to 8 years old.
- Data entry.
- Assist Operations Manager in student placement and class scheduling.
Studio Artist, Miami Children's Museum,
Miami Beach, Florida, February 2013-June 2013
- Create lesson plans and daily projects for drop in activities.
- Maintain studio and organize supplies.
- Supervise volunteers.
- Work as an educator for outreach programs
Art Assistant, Franklin G. Burroughs- Simon B. Chapin Art Museum
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, January 2011-August 2011
- Plan art lessons for various age groups.
- Integrate museum tours with art lessons .
- Assist in instructing classes on and off-site.
- Teaching children ages 5-12 understand basic concepts about art practices including elements of design and contextual influences.
Hollywood Art Walk, Live performance panting, Hollywood, Florida, January 2015
BigSURS “Best in Show”, High Point University, High Point, North Carolina 2013
Archarios Magazine Second Place “Best in Show”, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 2013
It is my passion to share my artistic knowledge and experience with others. Art is powerful in the way that it communicates, creates connections, and asks philosophical questions. If a person is given the talent to be an artist, it is important that they share their ability with others and encourage their students to inspire others. As an art educator, we can inspire, inform, and provide a creative atmosphere for students to develop and appreciate their creative abilities. As an expressive artist, I believe it is important for students to feel comfortable to create freely while educating them to better understand historical contexts and artistic techniques and enduring ideas.